Friday, May 30, 2008

NYC Max Photoshop CS3 Seminar with Dave Cross

I feel really productive today, and motivated to work on more interesting digital media; raster and vector images. So i took day off from work just so i can attend this I had to do it at least once since so many people are talking about it and it was mentioned through out Layers and Photoshop magazines. I figured that it was way cheaper then past seminars some of them ware about 200 to 300 a pop which is alot if you
don't have a steady income.

Seminar was split into 5 sessions ; there was one , one hour break and four fifteen minute breaks which was good timing . ( looking at those big screens after a while gets real tiring )
This
is Javic center on 600 something... W 34th street In NYC were all the fun was at.

Really nice structure sorta reminds me of Sava Centar in Belgrade, Serbia. Interior was spectacular even better then the interior. (I apologize for noisy images i didn't bother setting right options) Great see through sealing this building needs very little lighting Its made to capture the most out of the daylight its great.Alright enough of sight seeing, So the Ground level floor was were magic happened. This is the first picture i took as i was coming down the escalator. This sounds geeky but i was very exited ed for this session to start. Back in a day i use to look at all the punk rocker bands and have them as a role models but, for the first time in my life Dave Cross was my role model.


So as I stepped down i received
my package with handbook and a cd and there was some other freebies laying around such as photoshop magazines and layer magazine. So people slowly got seated there was plenty of space for everybody.As I looked up in front of me there was 4 huge Projection Canvases , which was neat since it gave everybody chances to see the program from all around the room.


The tips I learned very very helpful it might sound like ludacris but , I actually knew more of advanced level photos hop skilled yet i always skipped on basics . I always created good Image Manipulated photographs, and graphics, yet my process was very primitive instead of using automation tools and all these helpful gadgets that new CS3 Includes. I really liked the way Bridge works in this new Creative Suite It lets you do so much to the photo and change more the one photo at the time with batch options. Camera Raw is great it does everything that photo shop adjustments yet it just seems like that it co
mes out with better results.

Most of the lesions are v
ery easy to understand I took plenty of notes so i can review it later. One thing i really gotta look back was Variables it lets you edit create graphics poster in a great way. So lets say if you wonna change the photos and content in stead of opening , or making each individual poster. It use to take me forever but i know the way now which lets me automatically change each selection and change its name so from one poster all It takes is little bit of patience and typing and Variables kick in. It really works might sound tedious but saves you plenty of times instead of manually changing each individual poster. I really enjoyed the simplicity of this tour. No complicated measures were used it was all about speeding process and shortcuts of course. It wasn't really necessary to explain any crazy way of making a light pop out and shoot rocks that comes with the time. What really mattered is that these simples selections lassos and Automation tools is what will make us do things 10x more faster so we have plenty of times to design those nice burning asteroids that rip through the purple sky. It was great i am defiantly going to the next Photoshop and Hopefully Illustrator tour.
And here is the rest of the Photos.

Our Instructor : Dave Cross
Aiightt!











Oh I 've forgot to mention B&H was there too with great offers i wish i had my tax return ...


PS : Until next time try to attend to as many NYC free festivals as possible , Summer is going by real quick.

No comments: