Sunday, May 4, 2008

First Weekend of May... Wa Wuuut

Smooth should be a right word for it.
So this weekend worked out real well Decent weather and alot of things happening.
It started off with Friday . I met up with George and the rest of the pack down on St marks, from there we headed to Brooklyn to this photo gallery where we view pretty cool picture exhibit. Since it was an open bar it was right place to loosen up and just talk to few people . I haven't networked in while it was a first opportunity for me to get to socialize with people in my field and other fields surrounding mine.I got few business cards that could get me some gigs or even perm jobs hopefully.

Friday.
So anyway, After the gallery we went to this hip hop after party it was something else. It was literally in back yard of this bar so we had to walk through the bar in order to get to it. There we saw this big backyard filled with scrap metal and hardware it almost seemed like an auto shop yet there was not a single garage door or car around. weird! So as we walked through backyard we went through this door and there it was .This huge long room with 2 DJ's at the end of it. The scene was terrific ; there was wide variety of people from punks hipsters hippies artzy kids hood kids and so on. No one minded it was real cool .As you can tell i was observing more then actually being part of picture. I felt crappy i was dressed up all ehhh since I went to the city straight from work so I didn't really feel comfy talking to people so i just stuck to my friends and acquaintances. Anyhow it worked out well i ended up getting home at around 5 am, getting anytime before 5 am home is just a sign that night didn't work out well.

So Here comes Saturday.
I didn't plan of doing much i actually just wanted to stay home but I talked to Frank and i ended up going to Meatlocker( underground venue in Montclair NJ). Only for 2 hours blahhh, I had to pick up my mom from work. I didn't not expect night to be any good so more people showed up that i expected. I seen so many people I know and i met bunch of new people maybe because it was such a short period of time so i had to concentrate more. So I stayed for the first band and for Above all hope my friends band. I stayed in for 4 or 5 songs and i had to bounce it was weird that was a shortest night i have had in long time but it didn't not work out half as bad as i thought it would be.

And to Conclude it with Sunday.
So Its Sunday afternoon around 12 : 45 pm Easter Joe calls me and his says it with characteristic voice" Its NICE AND OUT S*IT " so i was like cool deal. I got into my dads car and drove to ridge wood. From there we listened to few tunes and headed out on the road. We had a little car trouble but that when away once we parked it in neutral and added some oil to it. We went to borders to check out some Comic books however i didn't find anything i wanted. We where there for a bit since it had to close down . Later on we met up with Steave and Felt we exchanged few laughs and storys i havent seen Felt in months , anyways weekend was winding to a close it was a great weekend.Nothing band escalated.I wrote way too much this time i guess i feel bad because i write these rarely.

No comments: