Sunday, November 25, 2007

Testing my New Camera Canon PowerShot S5 IS

Photography oh yeaaa... .
It sounds simple for some but its serious business when it comes to my field.Soon ill have more and more design gigs coming up,which means greater demand for pro photos.So I figured instead of paying a photographer i rather just learn photography on my own. I decided to get semi pro camera i had limited budget so i was choosing between Fuji film fine pix and Cannon power shot s5. I chose Cannon since it was capable of add
ons such as adding lenses and,external mounted flash which, i will definitely need to upgrade in near future.

So i ordered it few days ago and it came in mail so i went to park by my house and took several test pictures and messed around with settings.I liked the fact that it has really nice manual setting that lets you tweak the back light and balance settings.



Such I
mage as this i was never capable of taking with my regular consumer electronic old Kodak camera.I took this while walking and with image stabilizer. Cool new feature that cannon has.











This one is great >>>>>>>
Just show you how dull this area can be . It
s beautiful fall day, it has all these chess tables next to Hudson river, and beautiful Panorama of New York City, yet there is no people around. I guess they rather go to mall and spend times consuming then relax and play some chess outdoors. Its pretty sad when you think about it Hudson square park by my house its in Urban Area yet, its always half dead.










So this is the view of New York that I've told you about.Its over looking Hudson river and its perfect for anyone who wants to relax during the day and just enjoy outdoors. I did this which Stitch assistant. It lets you take several images and shows you where to take another one once they are uploaded on a computer you can stick them automatically without, time consuming Photoshop clipping. Which i think its a very nice feature for starter photographer.


This photo is my favorite It has that cold feel of blues to it. You know that its a cold November day just by looking at it.










This was one of the last pictures i took. It really caught my eye that tree is right in middle of steps so i figured it would make a nice peace.

So far These are pretty much first pictures that I've took with this new toy.I got plenty more that need to be taken so i can get better in this field of art. Ill try to catch up by the end of this month.

1 comment:

Adnan Hodzic said...

Hey Nick, these are pretty cool pictures! I suggest you try setting up a gallery somewhere around here :)

Or wait till I'm done with my latest project, and I'll let you set up one over there.

I know you all this time, and I didn't know you have a good touch for pictures :P